If you are a victim of bed bugs presence, during autumn or even winter, you are not alone in this situation. Don’t worry, you can get rid of. By cons, if you do not want the infection to take alarming proportions, the watchword is: act quickly. Therefore, we present the actions to be taken as soon as you recognize the 5 signs of the presence of bed bugs and the best ways to exterminate these bloodsuckers pests!
What are the 5 signs of the bedbugs presence?
1) You have merged or aligned bites, itching, redness, or swelling on your arms, your legs, your back or your face;
2) There are brown or black feces on your sheets and bedding;
3) You have found abnormal small spots of blood on your white covers;
4) There is a sweet smell in one of the rooms of your house or business – The presence of a large number of bed bugs, although they are discrete, can leave a sweet smell in the room that is infested -;
5) And of course, you found small insects grouped by tens or hundreds on seams of your mattress or between the what are barrier face coverings? .
Once you have detected their presence, here’s what you do:
Everyone will tell you, it is not easy to get rid of bed bugs. More these insects become numerous, more they disperse. Bed bugs do not have nests like ants. Many of them rather prefer to hide their selves in cracks, furniture or chairs. However, there are simple ways to control the situation then effectively eliminate these parasites:
– Protect your mattress and box spring: inspect them, flip them, vacuum on them especially in the folds and treat them with a high steam temperature. Allow it to dry, and then coat them in a sealed cover against allergies sold in stores. Don’t forget to do the same treatment to your debt, plush carpets, furniture and accessories;
– Prevent bed bugs access to your bed: you can put the legs of your bed on lids of plastic containers, taking care to coat a wide circular band of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) around the legs of the bed. This will create a physical barrier effective against bedbugs;
– Eliminate breeding places: frequently wash bedding, cushions, remove any piece of clothing that could drag down. Bugs appreciate every hiding place to reproduce;
– Protect your belongings: put your spare bedding, personal things and anything in sealed plastic bags. If you want to ensure that there are no more bugs living in your belongings, put your bags in the freezer for 6 days at -7 °C or 3 days at – 18 °C. This will help eliminate some of the bed bugs.
– * Call a professional exterminator to apply insecticide treatments. It is strongly recommended to use a professional to get best results. Agree with him that it is important to use registered insecticides, including low toxicity to humans.
What are the best treatments against bed bugs?
There are several ways, more or less effective, to eliminate these bugs. In the fight against the extermination of bugs, it is sometimes necessary to use several integrated approach to an effective result. While some methods require reminders treatments such as the chemical method, others, such as the extermination heat, allow to have longer lasting results. One thing is certain, it is strongly recommended to use services of expert extermination. It is also important to act quickly!
1. Heat treatment: very effective at all levels. Guarantees are often offered as a pledge of quality of service. We recommend this method as a priority.
2. Steam: very effective on the outside of the mattress. The steam must be very hot to prevent moisture and mold risks. It needs to be used in addition to another method of extermination.
3. Freezing: the effectiveness of freezing even over a long period is in doubt. Some bugs could survive after the process.
4. The sealed cover: efficient and environmentally friendly, the anti bug cover prevents them from reaching your mattress and make their home on it. It needs to be used in addition to another method of extermination.
5. Diatomaceous earth: effective but should be used as a complement to other methods of extermination.
6. Chemical treatments: application of usually one or two repeat treatments as chemical treatments are rarely effective against the eggs of bed bugs. In addition, some bedbugs have developed a huge tolerance to most powerful pesticides.
If you desire to be alone in this fight, make sure to always follow the instructions on the label of the pesticide. Avoid the use of insecticides on beds, couches, strollers, cribs and their immediate environment. Instead, use ecological treatments. And between treatments, monitor the situation closely in order to fight against infestations or prevent others.
Specialists in pest have access to several effective commercial bio pesticides and various techniques. This includes sprays, powders and aerosols with low odor and detection canine and heating or freezing. The specialist will choose the solution that best suits your situation. Their contribution in the fight against bed bugs is not negligible.